Barcelona and Tour of Costers del Segre PDO (5 days)
Less known Catalonian wines and more
Catalonia, a region full of contrasts
Foodies and wine lovers wineries and vineyards in Catalonia, off the beaten track.
PDO Costers del Segre, province of Lleida
Enjoy the sharp contrast between the cosmopolitan city of Barcelona and the interior, rural Catalonia.
You arrive in Barcelona and stroll along the Ramblas, Paseo de Gracia or Diagonal, enjoying a glass of wine in one of the many local wine bars.
We head to rural Catalonia and discover the Costers del Segre wineries. Recently restored buildings blend with more modern and audacious constructions, adapting well in their natural environment. Vineyards in their historical context, former properties of monasteries or rich landowners.
Surprising wine days in Catalonia
Day 1: Barcelona – Pira
Tour of Barcelona
Lunch and trip to Pira
Visit a bodega of Conca de Barbera. Wine tasting session near the fermentation room.
Accommodation in Lleida
Day 2: Pira – Poblet - La Pobla de Cérvoles
Trip to Poblet – tour of the Cistercian monastery of Poblet
Pobla de Cervoles: Winery & Modern Art in the wineyards. Wine tasting session.
Accommodation in Lleida or Nalec
Day 3: Lleida -L’Albages – Lleida
Trip to L’Albages, vineyards and winery
Picnic lunch in the vineyards
Accommodation in Lleida
Day 4: Lleida – Alfarras - Áger – Os de Balaguer
Trip from Lleida to Alfarràs, tour of an astonishing winery project
Guided tour of the astronomical observatory of Montsec
Accommodation in Os de Balaguer or Cellers
Day 5: Talarn - Barcelona
Trip to Talarn through a scenic mountain road.
Tour of an historical site, home to a newly established estate run by a revolutionary oenologist.
The wine is produced using the very same techniques of the 11th Century Hospitalier Monks
En route to Barcelona, stopover in the village of Claramunt, home to a 12th Century Roman church
Arrival in Barcelona
Accommodation: Slowwines collaborates with the most comfortable accommodations near the places visited. While Barcelona is home to a wide range of hotels, bear in mind that this tour takes you to inland Catalonia, a mostly rural countryside. Accommodation in the backcountry does not meet the standard of Barcelona itself, however you can expect decent quality hotels or rural cottages.
From € 1220 per person
- Mainland transportation to all places
- Expert English-speaking local guide
- Welcome drink with tapas
- Private bus for all transfers
- Entry fees to wineries, performance and as per the itinerary
- 4 lunch or dinners as per the itinerary
- Between 3-5 wines for each tasting sessions
- All the scheduled meals of a half board program
- Accommodation in shared room
- Buffet breakfast daily
- All local taxes and tips
NOT included in the price:
- Airfares (Airline tickets) to/from the pick-up or drop-off locations
- Transfers from/to the airport for those arriving out of schedule
- Meals, services not specified as per itinerary
- Personal expenses, such as laundry, telecommunications, mini bar, spa treatments
- Wellness treatment & Spa sessions
- Travel insurance
- Lodging before or after the trip
> Single room supplement: 160 €
> also available (for an extra fee)
- Transfers from/to the airport for travelers arriving out of agreed schedule
All prices advertized or quoted are expressed in euro (€) and are per person, based on shared room.
The advertized price on the webpage is only indicative. It is calculated on an average party size (5-6 pers), qualitative hotels out of peak season, and no extras.
It takes a bit of customization to include the holidays request and nature of the group before coming up with a tour proposal that meets your interests and expectations. The price quoted to you can be adjusted upwards to reflect possible increases in transportation costs (including fuel), government taxes (including VAT). On any specific tour, a constituted group of 5 travelers (or more) means a different quote per person than 2 travelers, as we've elaborated the tour package on an average group size of 6 (guided) and 4 (self drive).
The information you provide us through the Get a Quote or Booking Form button is important for us as it containts useful elements such as period of the year, accommodation type, group or party size, if all participants will share room or not. These points are essential to us to complete the quote in line with your budget. When we are asked to adjust itinerary or arrange tours in special periods of the year, prices can go slightly down or up, we try to moderate the price fluctuation by entering into agreements with our service providers. The accommodation availability is the main factor that can affect the advertized price of the original program.
We ask for clarity in order to streamline the communication: your group should be represented by one spokesperson. This one-to-one dialogue has many advantages over a one-to-many communication. Communication is more direct, misunderstandings are easily avoided.
Check here the easy steps of the booking process.
- Barcelona never fails at meeting the expectation of newcomers
- Foodies and wine lovers rightfully look Barcelona as one must go destination, but is it really where all the good vibe takes place in the buoyant city?
- A quest for special wineries in the far outskirts of the city, in a backcountry overlooked by tourists.
- A one day Barcelona guided tour
- Walking at our own quiet pace in unsuspected squares
- or in life buzzing avenue packed with loads of entertaining places and fashionable shops
- Barcelona backcountry exploration
- Meeting wine procuders in Penedès, Costers del Segre and Conca de Barbera
- Excellent time with authentic and passionate people, but a true sense of value-for-money experience.
With a long experience in language tourism and translation, I have dived into the Slowwines wine travel project, as a founding partner. Although I was born and raised in Belgium, Spain became my adoptive country a long time ago and that is why its genuine culture and unwritten codes have no longer secrets for me.
My interest in wine brought me to undertake extra education in Burgundy.
Each acre of vineyard leads to a human story or personal experience worth sharing. I have personally visited all of the Slowwines wineries to design the most enjoyable wine routes, lead private tours and tasting sessions. There are lots of shared moments, with winemakers and with our visitors coming from all over the world, with diverse backgrounds and interests. I am always looking forward to visiting and sharing the next winery or cellar of the Peninsula, as this revives a never ending discovery of Iberian wines.
Just a little word of thanks for your Slowwines people! I thought our trip got off to a bad start, as upon arrival at the airport in Madrid, the rental car agency never seem to have heard of us! We called the Spanish office straight away and in less than half an hour, we had a nice car to start our self-drive tour to Ribera del Duero. Instructions were clear, this wasn't just a map an a few directions. The tour itself was perfectly timed and measured! We never drove long distances and arrived at the scheduled visits without hurrying! That was pure pleasure.
Thank you so much for a very enjoyable afternoon on your Sierra de Francia tour. Your passion & interest in this region, & Bodega Cambrico knowledge & enthusiasm for the vineyard, along with your translations of such, made for a very informative & enjoyable outing.
Great company, lovely wine, beautiful towns & countryside.
P.S. We may be enjoying one of those bottles we bought right now :)
5 days - Barcelona and Tour of Costers del Segre PDO
from €1.220 pp
Places of interest
- Hand picked lively quarters of Barcelona
- Catalonian landscapes in the DO Costers del Segre
- Wineries producing in an uncharacteristic manner
- Medieval village of Os de Balaguer
- Astronomical observatory of Montsec